The female specific Andina Jacket
is a versatile all-year round hiking jacket incorporating Paramo's lightweight waterproof & highly breathable fabric in a fashionable and functional style
Waterproof hiking jacket ideal for long days hiking | Sleeve & torso vents for rapid on-the-move cooling | 100% Waterproof & Breathable | Generous length with scooped tail to protect lower back | Female specific fit | 657g
Castleberg Review - Paramo Andina Ladies Jacket
The Andina jacket, new for this winter, is designed specifically for the female figure with the hiker and backpacker in mind. Using Paramo's Nikwax Analogy fabric and the Nikwax Analogy® Pump Liner the Andina is a warm, waterproof and hardwearing jacket suited to a wide range of activities. Although not as light as the Mirada the Andina is a good choice for all year round use and can easily be incorporated as the outer layer in a layering system to suit the weather conditions from just a t-shirt to full thermals, down layers and other items suitable for the cold as base. The soft material means it is comfortable however many layers are worn and does not feel clammy and cold when it is very wet, which is great if you need a waterproof on but not much else.
The Andina has one large and one small inner zipped mesh pocket, two hand warmer pockets and full one way underarm vents, excellent when very active. The long articulated sleeves have Velcro cuffs which also allow them to be rolled up easily. The scooped tail has single handed draw cord adjustment and the full two way zip has a storm flap for extra protection. As a multi activity coat the Andina's peaked hood also offers superb visibility and is roomy enough for pony tails and long hair. The reflective strips make this a good jacket for bikers or night activities too. Overall the Paramo Andina Ladies Jacket is a sound choice for backpacking, trail racing, scrambling, mountain biking and hill walking activities throughout the year and is not too heavy at 657g. Some cheerful colours too!
Paramo Andina Ladies Jacket:
The Andina Jacket is a contoured jacket for female walkers and backpackers who enjoy demanding levels of activity, as it offers the most generous sleeve/ torso ventilation for swift temperature adjustment. The Andina builds on the success of the lightweight female-friendly Mirada Jacket, but incorporates standard Analogy fabric for hard-wearing weather protection and high breathability to keep you comfortable.
Its feminine, modern design, reduced rustling and soft feel plus hair-friendly hood make it a perfect choice for female outdoor enthusiasts looking for a high performing jacket with styling for comfort and performance on the hill.
Specifications - Paramo Andina Ladies Jacket
- Uniquely shaped hood to accommodate hair comfortably, fully adjustable with wired peak to protect vision
- Large sleeve/ torso vents for rapid on-the-move cooling with minimal rain ingress
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement
- Pump Liner® reinforcement on shoulders and back for extra protection when load carrying or in heavy rain
- Reflective strip (front and back) for improved visibility
- Internal secure zipped pocket
- Internal map pocket
- Two hand-warming pockets, easily accessible during activity
- Two-way zip with internal storm flap
- Long sleeves for protection with cuffs that are easily pushed or rolled up
- Generous length with scooped tail to protect lower back
- Hem drawcord for easy temperature control
- The Nikwax Analogy® Pump Liner mimics the action of animal fur - pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain.
- Two layer construction traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm
- Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation
- Continues to work just as effectively even in high humidity or very cold conditions
- Water-repellency can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare
- The fabric is soft, strong, silent and durable