- Paramo ladies Cascada waterproof jacket
- Uses Nikwax waterproof analogy fabric - soft and comfortable to wear
- All-season, all-purpose waterproof jacket from hillwalking to around town
- Ethically-made, repairable, durable with a lifetime guarantee
Castleberg Review - Paramo Cascada Jacket – Ladies
The Paramo Cascada Waterproof Jacket is Paramo’s bestselling jacket. Ethically made with the environment in mind and made to last this jacket has been specifically shaped for the female form. The Cascada offers excellent all year round weather protection and is designed to fulfil a wide range of outdoor activities including hill, fell, rambling and mountain pursuits.
The supple Nikwax Analogy fabric is fully waterproof and comfortable next to the skin meaning the Cascada Jacket feels great even when worn over a just a sports vest or T-shirt; the material remains comfortable even in very wet conditions as it does not get the clammy or crinkly feel which can be so uncomfortable next to the skin. The large ‘dry’ chest pocket on the LHS offers ample space for an OS map and the two ‘dry’ zipped hip pockets are good for both hand warming and storage with their studded storm flaps. The hip pockets are also placed in a good position when carrying a rucksack to maintain access making this an excellent backpacking coat. Used by a number of TGO Challengers on high level routes over the years on the Scottish Coast to Coast the Paramo Cascada Jacket has been put to the test in a wide variety of extreme weather conditions and has stood up well to torrential rain, sleet, snow, high winds and hail. The Nikwax Analogy fabric is an excellent insulator even when the conditions are very wet which makes this an excellent coat for expeditions where one can be wet day after day.
The articulated sleeves allow freedom of movement even when carrying a pack and have adjustable Velcro cuffs which allow for venting and so they can be rolled up to maintain temperature control in warmer conditions. The articulated and reinforced shoulders offer comfort and extra protection for load carrying. The full front two way zip has two storm flaps and the adjustable wired roll away hood with the high neck can be neatly tightened using pull cords to give excellent protection from driving wind and rain whilst maintaining good vision. Pull cords at the waist and on the 2” scooped drip skirt allow the user to tighten the coat to prevent rucking when carrying a rucksack and minimise draughts. The Paramo Cascada Jacket is a superb all round waterproof suited for a wide range of activities from dog walking to scrambling in the hills.
Specifications - Paramo Ladies Cascada Jacket
- Increased field of vision, fine adjustment and complete weather protection provided by the fully adjustable, wired, roll-away hood.
- Maximum freedom of movement and increased comfort in the shoulder and arm area provided by articulated shoulders and sleeves.
- Increased comfort and protection when load carrying provided by reinforced, double layer shoulder construction.
- Further temperature control and weather protection from our multi-adjust cuff design which also allows sleeves to be rolled up for cooling.
- Excellent weather protection in all conditions from our unique 2" drip skirt and scooped tail.
- Additional temperature control provided by waist and hem drawcord pulls, which also help eliminate rucking when load carrying.
- Handwarming and storage from two ‘dry’ hip pockets.
- ‘Dry’ OS-sized map storage supplied by single chest pocket.
- Ladies' Cascada Jacket has a tailored fit for the female form through redesign of the shoulder, arm, waist and hip areas.