Our View - VJ Irock 2:
A relatively new addition to the UK trail running scene the VJ Irock 2 has all the features to be a huge success. Worn by Jonathan Albon (OCR World Champion 2014-2017 & World Sky Running Champion 2018) the Irock 2 provides exceptional fit and grip making it a great shoe for rough, muddy off-road conditions.
The butyl rubber outsole with aggressive studs means you are ensured a solid grip in even the stickiest, muddiest conditions and the spacing means mud will shed rather than gather on the sole unit. Cushioning is optimal for off-road running providing impact protection without being overly soft so you retain a feel for the ground and good responsiveness for faster running.
Upper wise the Irock 2 features Schoeller-Keprotec material adapts to your foot providing a snug, sock like fit and remains lightweight even when wet as it doesn’t soak up water. The narrow last and 6mm drop keep you close to the ground and encourage a more midfoot style of running for efficiency and comfort.
If you are in the market for a durable, comfortable trail and fell running shoe that provides excellent grip and a secure, race like feel the VJ Irock 2 is well worth a look and with its success at the highest levels there is little doubt this is a high performing shoe.
Specifications -VJ Irock 2:
- For fell running, trail running, obstacle course racing & orienteering
- Narrow last
- KvamO - Revolutionary comfort. Never before has there been heel and forefoot cushioning in orienteering shoes. Big microfibre-urethane cushioning units, inside torsion support and shaped insole. That’s why it’s called KvamO.
- FITLOCK-system - it is important the shoe feels snug and fits your foot so that you can safely move and turn where ever and whenever you want with a stabile feeling. FITLOCK supports the arch steadily. The rubber material of FITLOCK protects the inside of your foot against punches from beneath.
- Shaped insole
- Superior Contact outsole with cleats - guarantees you the best grip to be imagined. The lugs on the outsole are placed classically to provide good grip but are spread far enough apart to easily shed mud, clay, snow and rocks. In the middle of the outsole there is a special track from toes to heel providing better grip on wet terrain than sleek outsole. Starstuds made from hard metal finish the outsole.
- Butyl rubber sole - Revolutionary grip without studs! In VJ’s studless shoe, Irock, the outsole material is made of butyl rubber. According tests made by our test runners, the grip is the best you can have without metal studs.
- Schoeller® – Keprotec® - This fabric is made using only the high quality materials. The fabric contains Kevlar®, an armide fiber which is five times stronger than steel. Schoeller® – Keprotec® provides you excellent protection, it is tear and temperature resistant and guarantees you high level of comfort. The material provides special characters for wet conditions. The material itself is waterproof. The morning dew stays outside of the shoe. If water comes in from the throat, it will be pumped out through the seams causing vacuum-efect. So the upper follows the shape of the foot even closer and this keeps the amount of water inside the shoe the smallest possible.
- Weight (UK 8): 240 g
- 6mm drop